Thursday 6 September 2012

Brother's 20th Birthday Gift Box!

This is my first post from my phone so I'm really sorry if it looks a bit wrong! Anyway, today I'm going to show off a little gift box I gave to my brother for his 20th birthday which was about 2 weeks ago now :D
For the label of the box I used a combination of watercolours and distress inks to create the background of the label (I used just plain craft labels). I then stamped on the label with a car and a message from a Tim Holtz kit. I used a bit of glossy accent to accent the label(wow glossy ACCENT to ACCENT, I'm being so creative :P)
On the top of the box I have first painted it with blue acrylic paint then covered it with some Laura Ashley paper which I have distressed. I used some different Tim Holtz stamps and accented it again ;)
The sides of the box are just distressed and stamped with a docrafts Portabella Road 'Happy Birthday' stamp and more Tim Holtz stamps :)
The inside of the box is similar to the top but has clockwork stamped in both the 'plain' sides!
To fill this box for my brother I used different small objects which reminded me of our childhood and described each one in a small book! :D I also put a picture on the inside of the box lid to make it even more personal :)
I really enjoyed making this box and I think my brother liked it too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment